The latest 2022 MFAA State Excellence Awards has celebrated the best brokers and lenders in NSW and the ACT across 18 categories.
The in-person event was held at Sydney’s Fullerton Hotel on Thursday night following two years of virtual ceremonies. The NSW and ACT awards are the last of the five MFAA state award events held nationwide between May and June.
Last night’s winners included Louisa Sanghera (pictured above left), who runs Sydney brokerage Zippy Financial. Sanghera won the Residential Finance Broker Award. Ashleigh Pakis (pictured above right), of Goulburn-based Panache Financial Mortgage Specialist, received the Young Professional Award.
Read more: MFAA announces South Australia, Northern Territory award winners
MFAA CEO Mike Felton said the awards recognised those members who had excelled in areas including customer service, professionalism, ethics, growth and innovation.
“We received a phenomenal number of nominations for the MFAA Excellence Awards this year, which made a difficult task for our judges but is also indicative of a successful, vibrant and rapidly growing industry,” Felton said.
“To be able to celebrate the achievements of our members, and our industry, in-person once again has been wonderful, particularly as the industry can now look up and look ahead to the future with some certainty after emerging from years of examination and successful implementation of reform.”
Read more: MFAA reveals WA Excellence Award winners
The winners of the MFAA State Excellence Awards in NSW and ACT will automatically become finalists in their respective categories in the MFAA National Excellence Awards to be held on 27 July at The Star Sydney.
MPA and Australian Broker are sponsors of the 2022 MFAA state excellence awards.
The 2022 MFAA State Excellence Awards NSW and ACT winners are:
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator: Mimi Jawad, FAST
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider: Nicholas Ganis,
- Commercial & Equipment Finance Broker Award: Domenic Lo Surdo, Stamford Capital Australia
- Community Champion Award: (joint winners) Rebecca Jarrett-Dalton, Two Red Shoes and David Johnson, The Home Loan Guy
- Customer Service Award – Business: Two Birds One Loan
- Customer Service Award – Individual: Alycia Inglis, Stoneturn
- Diversified Business Award: Birdie Wealth
- Finance Broker Business Award: Stamford Capital Australia
- Fintech Lender Award: ubank
- Loan Administrator Award: Jenny Lam, Stoneturn
- Major Lender Award: Macquarie Bank
- Mutual/Credit Union Lender Award: Heritage Bank
- Newcomer Award: George Li, Leading Financial Solutions
- Non-Major Lender Award: Bankwest
- Regional Finance Broker Award: Paddy O’Sullivan, Mortgage Choice Nowra
- Residential Finance Broker Award: Louisa Sanghera, Zippy Financial
- Specialty Lender Award: Pepper Money
- Young Professional Award: Ashleigh Pakis, Panache Financial Mortgage Specialist