The second MFAA State Excellence Awards event for the year has celebrated winners of the Western Australia Excellence Awards.
Thursday’s in-person event was held at Crown Perth with almost 300 brokers and industry representatives in attendance.
The Western Australia awards are the second of five MFAA state award events to be held over the coming weeks. The Queensland State Excellence Awards were held on 29 May.
“It was fabulous to finally be back in Western Australia in person to celebrate the outstanding work and customer outcomes our members are delivering for Australians,” Felton said.
“The number and calibre of award submissions we received was incredible and it’s always a privilege to be able to recognise all our finalists and of course congratulate all our winners.
Read more: MFAA announces Queensland Excellence Award winners
Felton said the mortgage industry was going from strength to strength.
“Just this week we released the latest mortgage broker market share which has once again reached a new high of 69.5%,” he said.
“With amazing results like this, together with the knowledge that our industry has safely navigated an extended period of reviews with flying colours, t. is much to celebrate.”
The awards are audited by Hall Chadwick and are judged equally based on excellence and professionalism across all areas of business.
All winners at the MFAA Western Australian Excellence Awards will be finalists in the MFAA National Excellence Awards in their respective categories.
The next state excellence awards, for Victoria and Tasmania, will be held in Melbourne on 9 June.
Read more: Broker market share reaches all-time high
The 2022 MFAA Western Australia State Excellence Award winners are:
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator – Shelley Tetlaw, Loan Market
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider – Geraldine Brabazon, Shift
- Commercial & Equipment Finance Broker Award – Christopher White, Whiteroom Finance Pty Ltd
- Community Champion Award –TAG Finance Australia
- Customer Service Award – Business – Towner Finance
- Customer Service Award – Individual – Derry Tanzil, Derry & Co
- Diversified Business Award – Loan Market Geraldton
- Finance Broker Business Award – Momentum Wealth
- Fintech Lender Award – ubank
- Loan Administrator Award – Amanda MacLeod, Loan Market Geraldton
- Major Lender Award – Commonwealth Bank
- Mutual/Credit Union Lender Award – P&N Bank
- Newcomer Award – Amy Howard, Southstead
- Non-Major Lender Award – Bankwest
- Regional Finance Broker Award – Steve Milligan, Launch Finance (pictured above)
- Residential Finance Broker Award – Helen Avis, Specialist Mortgage
- Specialty Lender Award – Pepper Money
- Young Professional Award – Narinder Singh, Indoz Finance Australia