National Mortgage News is now receiving nominations for its fifth annual ranking of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for, a survey and awards program devoted to celebrating employers in home lending and providing employee feedback to those companies.
The Best Mortgage Companies to Work for is a partnership between National Mortgage News and the Best Companies Group, which conducts substantial employee surveys and reviews employer reports on benefits and policies.
For 2022’s list, 50 mortgage lenders, brokers and servicers of various sizes were featured, highlighting what makes them distinct among their peers. Civil Financial Services in Redondo Beach, California, ranked number one. In 2021, Trinity Oaks Mortgage was at the top spot.
Winners are also broken out by size, naming the best small (15 to 99 employees), medium (100-499 employees) and large (500 or more employees) mortgage companies to work for.
Mortgage companies must opt-in to be considered. The deadline is Friday September 16, 2022.
Participation is open to companies that meet the following criteria:
- Be a for-profit or not-for-profit business or government entity
- Be a publicly or privately held business
- Have a facility in the United States
- Have a minimum of 15 permanent employees working in the U.S.
- Must be in business a minimum of one year
- Must be a standalone mortgage lender, mortgage broker, or mortgage servicer, or mortgage unit of a diversified financial services firm (employees’ responsibilities must be concentrated on mortgage operation — i.e., not general staff in a retail bank branch)
- Only one entry per parent company. If an origination and a servicer apply and are controlled by the same company, you must enter as one organization
- Investment banks, securitization firms, government sponsored entities, mortgage technology companies and mortgage insurers are not eligible (although distinct origination or servicing arms of such companies may apply under the same conditions as above)
The survey is conducted in two parts. First, employers will complete an in-depth questionnaire. Second, employees will have the opportunity to offer their honest feedback by taking part in a company-wide survey. Both portions of the assessment must be complete in order to be considered for recognition.
Once both portions of the assessment are complete, the data is analyzed and participating organizations will be ranked. Winning companies will be notified in writing whether or not they made the list in December. The final rankings will be published by National Mortgage News in February. Non-winning companies are not publicly revealed.
For more .rmation about the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for program, please visit bestmortgagecompaniestoworkfor.com.