The MFAA has celebrated the winners of its Victoria and Tasmania State Excellence Awards.
Thursday’s in-person event was held at Crown Melbourne w. 18 winners were announced.
The Victoria and Tasmania awards are the third of five MFAA state excellence awards to be held over the coming weeks.
The Western Australia State Excellence Awards were held on June 02 and Queensland’s were held on May 29. The next state excellence awards involve South Australia and Northern Territory and will be held in Adelaide on June 16. The MFAA NSW and ACT State Excellence Awards will be held in Sydney on June 23.
MFAA CEO Mike Felton said the Victoria and Tasmania awards recognised those MFAA members who had excelled in a range of areas including customer service, professionalism, ethics, growth and innovation.
“It’s great to be back in Melbourne and holding our state excellence awards in-person after two years of virtual events,” Felton said.
“The number and calibre of award submissions we received was incredible and it’s always a privilege to be able to recognise all our finalists and of course congratulate all our winners.”
Read more: MFAA reveals WA Excellence Award winners
Felton said it was wonderful to celebrate the great work of its members and the industry which was going from strength to strength.
“With mortgage broker market share at another record high of 69.5%, together with the knowledge that our industry can look up and look ahead after safely navigating an extended period of reviews with flying colours, t. certainly is much to celebrate,” he said.
The awards are audited by Hall Chadwick and are judged equally based on excellence and professionalism across all areas of business.
All winners at the MFAA Victoria and Tasmania Excellence Awards will be finalists in the MFAA National Excellence Awards in their respective categories. The national awards will be held at The Star Sydney on 27 July.
Read more: MFAA announces Queensland Excellence Award winners
The 2022 MFAA Victoria and Tasmania State Excellence Award winners are:
- Business Development Manager Award – Aggregator: Anthony Wick, National Mortgage Brokers
- Business Development Manager Award – Lender/Support Service Provider: Chandy Eang, Firstmac
- Commercial & Equipment Finance Broker Award: Scott Seng, MoneyQuest Balwyn
- Community Champion Award: Evelyn Clark, Everlend
- Customer Service Award – Business: Property Planning Australia
- Customer Service Award – Individual: (Joint winners) Vinay Gehi, Copper Finance and Rory Sercombe, Own Home Loans
- Diversified Business Award: Astute Melbourne City South And Gippsland
- Finance Broker Business Award: Property Planning Australia
- Fintech Lender Award – ubank Loan Administrator Award: Tamanna Jain, Entourage
- Finance Major Lender Award: Macquarie Bank
- Mutual/Credit Union Lender Award: MyState Bank
- Newcomer Award: Dexter Loughry, SAF Finance
- Non-Major Lender Award: ING
- Regional Finance Broker Award: Joshua Trevitt, JT Home Loans
- Residential Finance Broker Award: Mark Davis, The Australian Lending and Investment Centre (pictured above)
- Specialty Lender Award: Liberty
- Young Professional Award: Jesse Medwin, Vie Financial Launceston